Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Love For Pinup



I've has always had a love for pinup. At the time I didn't realize it was pinup I loved so much. I just liked to dress up in 50's clothes.

When I was younger I would watch American Bandstand and learn how to dance from the TV. Every week I would put on my 50's clothing that my mother made for me or bought at thrift stores or garage sales. While dressed up, I would turn on American Bandstand and dance the night away pretending that I lived in that era.

I even had themed birthday parties with my friends and would have everyone wear a 50's outfit. I would play 50's swing music with all my friends while they danced. Afterwards we would head to the bowling alley dressed up in our costumes.

When not entertaining my friends, I loved all things 50's especially skirts that would twill. I would wear them to school or play dress up at home. I even participated in a talent show at my school where I did a 50's swing dance dressed the part.

My love for 50's never faded away completely even though I stopped dressing up in my 50's costumes as I got older. However, whenever I had the chance to play dress up again during spirit week at high school I jumped at the chance to dress in a 50's outfit that I made from a thrift store.



My love for pinup never faded as I has always been in love with that era. I've modeled since high school for glamour photoshoots but never found them interesting until I started doing pinup work. Which helped me to rediscovered a lost passion.

I now do pinup modeling which I love doing because of the cheeky, innocent poses of the time. I finds the era, clothes, music, scarlet's, makeup and hair so glamorous. I've even tapped back into my younger days when I would play dress up and dance, by buying vintage clothing and wearing them out to swing parties where I once again dance the night away.

No comments: